[New post] Jake Paul lists excuses for losing to Tommy Fury, but gives credit to opponent and wants rematch
Josh Fordham posted: " Jake Paul had a few excuses ready for losing to Tommy Fury on Sunday night, but still gave credit to his opponent. Their grudge match in Saudi Arabia was settled by a split decision win for Fury, even though he was knocked down in the eighth a" talkSPORT
Fury won by split decision in his grudge match with Fury
It was the first loss of Paul's career, against the first recognised boxer he has faced, and he admitted he felt 'flat' during the fight.
Speaking in the ring, Paul said: "All respect to Tommy, he won. Don't judge me by my wins, judge me by my losses.
"I'll come back and I think we deserve the rematch. It was a great fight, a close fight. I don't know if I agree with the judges.
"I got a 10-8 round twice. It is what it is but I've already won in life. I've won in every single way, I have amazing family, amazing friends and an amazing work ethic.
"Honestly, I felt flat. I got sick really bad twice in this camp, injured my arm, so it wasn't my best performance.
"But I lost - I'm not making excuses. I'm just saying, it wasn't my best performance, I felt a little flat and like I said, we're going to come back and get that W.
Paul is hoping to have a rematch with Fury after his first career defeat
"Don't judge me by my wins, judge my by my losses - I'm going to come back stronger."
A rematch will likely happen between the two and it has derailed Paul's plans to take over the boxing world.
The YouTuber-turned-boxer set himself lofty ambitions of winning a world title and facing a boxer like Canelo Alvarez.
Speaking on his Instagram after the fight, Paul said: "Well, s***. I didn't think I'd have to make one of these videos, but s*** happens I guess. This is still the best job in the world.
"Thank you all for the support, this is an amazing event and I'll be back."
No comments:
Post a Comment