Jurgen Klopp wants the Carabao Cup semi-final reduced to one-leg even though it would mean handing home advantage to Arsenal.

Liverpool made the final four of the competition as they produced a brilliant comeback against Leicester to win on penalties after a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Klopp has been a vocal critic of the fixture schedule in English football

Klopp's complaints about the fixture pile-up have been a constant since he arrived in the Premier League.

But the intensity of the schedule has been highlighted this year with COVID-19 ripping through clubs in the build-up to the festive period.

"I think it would be better with one game absolutely, but obviously what I say is not too important," he said after making 10 changes for the quarter-final with three academy players in his starting line-up and five on the bench.

"If there are two games, then we will play two games. But it would be helpful if there was only one, true.

"The draw has us at Arsenal, I'm fine with that, we play there and see who is better and go for it.

Liverpool produced a thrilling comeback against Leicester to reach the last four

"I don't just speak about player welfare this year, I have been speaking about it for six years or maybe longer.

"If the things I say would help more, I would say it much more often. But it doesn't help.

"The only thing I do with these messages is I create headlines. They never arrive at the right places.

"Tomorrow we have a meeting at 4pm but it's with the Premier League and not with the EFL, I'm not sure if they are involved or not.

"I said it before, I would prefer only one semi-final. But I can't see any kind of changes actually."

Klopp and Conte were in agreement over the Carabao Cup semi-final

Klopp has taken huge issue with the fixture list this year with Liverpool set to play on December 26 and then again on December 28.

Klopp continued: "I really don't understand why we have to explain it constantly. 26th and 28th is not right. I know in this country we have done it for years, but if you count the injuries over the years that happen in that period.

"People don't care. If they have to go, they have to go. We don't ask for 26th and next year, we ask for 26th and 29th. That's what we are asking for, nothing else. It can't be that difficult, to be honest.

"All of a sudden the football will be better, which helps massively because you do that for the people and it makes no real sense.

"I will talk about it for as long as I'm here. It's not about Boxing Day. Boxing Day is great and we love it. We want to play there, but playing again on the 28th is not right."

Conte voiced a similar opinion to Klopp and said he would prefer the semi-final to just be one game instead of two.

After his side beat West Ham at home, he said: "Honestly, if I had to decide, maybe it would be to play one game and not two games – especially, I repeat, for the situation we are living – but we have to respect the rules."

Tottenham will play Chelsea in the final four while Liverpool will face the Gunners.

Conte has guided his Tottenham side into the semi-final of the Carabao Cup

Alan Brazil and Ally McCoist weighed-in on the debate started by Jurgen Klopp about the packed fixture schedule and told the Liverpool boss to just get on with things.

Brazil told talkSPORT: "The word you are missing Jurgen is tradition. Stop changing it you numpty. With the benefits of the squad he's got and the size he's got… for God's sake."

McCoist added: "I know what he's saying, but we've been doing it for years. It is part and parcel of British footballing culture. 

"That's what we do. Just get on with it! I know he wants another 24 hours and his physio and medical staff will be saying stuff, of course they will. 

"He's better off than anybody else, in terms of the squad he's got. I can understand what he's saying.

"However, you can't beat a bit of tradition. The old British football over the festive period. Games flying at us left, right and centre. You can't beat it."